Can You Help Us?
It's Time to Go Global
We want to prioritize access to those who are most under-resourced and marginalized when it comes to biblical tools. It’s time for 100% of the world’s population to have access to the biblical languages. For that we need an army of volunteers. We need YOU.
We want to equip the global Church with access to the biblical languages so that they can do quality, sustainable Bible translation and create contextualized, theologically-sound biblical resources in every language where it’s needed. This is one of the most fundamental elements that any translation or church needs. We aim to do this by providing all our resources as Public Domain so that they can be translated into the strategic languages of wider communication. This is a massive undertaking.
That’s where you come in.
Skills & Help Needed
- Animators/Artists – if you’d like to donate your artistic skills to help the world learn Hebrew (and get your work seen by thousands of people), please send us some samples of your work!
- AI Trainer – if you’re interested in helping us train an AI model that will be an expert in biblical Hebrew and will be able to answer questions about it in multiple languages, we’d love to talk to you!
- Unreal Engine – we want to leverage the incredible advances in Unreal Engine and motion capture to build immersive biblical environments and authentic characters for storytelling. Our dream is to make biblical stories in Hebrew come alive in a beautiful way through this technology. If you’re skilled in UE and would be interested in a long-term commitment to helping us in this way as a volunteer, please send us some samples of your work and tell us about yourself!
- WordPress Web Maintenance with Elementor – if you have experience with this, we need someone to help maintain the website, optimize it for search engines, and work with translators to get it into more languages. If you’re interested please introduce yourself and tell us about your experience!
- OCR helper – in order to turn public domain Hebrew study tools (like this French lexicon) into editable unicode text, we need someone who can run an optical character recognition model that will be able to recognize Hebrew vowel points. This will need to be done using Document AI by Google. We need someone who knows Python and would be willing to follow the Document AI documentation to make this possible. This is part of our initiative described at freebiblicallanguages.online.
- Free Multilingual Hebrew Interlinear – want to help make a free, public domain Hebrew interlinear in your language? Watch this video to see how, try out the app in English, and see if it looks like something you’d enjoy. If you’d be interested in contributing as a volunteer, please write us and tell us about yourself and your background/training in Hebrew. To understand the vision behind this initiative, visit freebiblicallanguages.online.
- Free Multilingual Hebrew Lexicon – most languages of the world have no Hebrew lexicon, which is one of the most important tools for Bible study and translation. Since the BDB lexicon in English is Public Domain, we want to get it translated into as many languages as possible, and make it freely available as an open-source app. This project is still being developed so that volunteers can help. If you’d be interested in contributing to this in the future, please write us and tell us about yourself and your background/training in Hebrew. To understand the vision behind this initiative, visit freebiblicallanguages.online.
We need volunteers from the list of languages below to help us with the following tasks. Please make sure to contact us first to find out if someone has already translated into your language:
- Translate as much of our web page as possible. Here’s a tutorial video on how to do it.
- Translate these grammar lessons from our Resource page.
- Translate the titles and descriptions of our videos on this list.
- Help us translate this script into your language, and then find someone with a great voice to record it as professionally as possible. We need a voice that is warm, energetic, and joyful. You can even record on a phone if you have a quiet room (sit on your bed and put a thick blanket over you like a tent so that it sounds more professional). We’ve completed this already in the following languages: Italian, Hindi, Chinese, Amharic, Tigrinya, Jamaican Patois, English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Malayalam, Pakistani Urdu, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Mongolian, Indonesian, Swahili.
- Malagasy Plateau
- Urdu, Devanagari script (ur-Deva)
- Papuan Malay
- Tok Pisin